Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Climbing

Climbing of all types is a great adventure. I started out climbing trad at Joshua Tree and Tahquitz/Suicide Rock in SOCAL, did BigWalls such as SpaceShot in Zion; learned to ice climb, bouldered and sport climbed. The adjacent image is a sport route, Delusions 5.11d at Frustration Creek in Forest Falls, CA. I lived and climbed in the Southeast for a couple of years in 2000 and 2001. The sandstone in the Southern Appalachian Mountains is amazing. I spent one month in El Portrero Chico, Nuevo Leon Mexico in February 2003. I stayed at Homero's campground and found all, including the locals, to be friendly. The limestone sportroutes are spectacular in the portrero. I have done some bouldering and sport climbing in Bishop, CA. Great camping and climbing!

No comments: